for my tribe, who healed it

- As you can see on this photo, it was broken, and then it didn't heal properly. The fracture wasn't clean, so the fragments dislocated and stuck to the other fragments. 
- Looks like a terrible mess to me. 
- Well, I have seen worse but I must say this one is pretty spectacular. It looks like the original fracture never healed properly, so you kept splintering it every time you used it. You didn't feel it was broken? It didn't hurt? 
- It did. Well, it does. All the time. That's why I came to see you. How do you mend it?
- Well, you actually break it again, very carefully, reset it, put a sort of scaffolding around it and let it heal properly. But you cannot use it until it heals.
- How long does it take to heal?
- It depends. Usually it never does, so you rely on the scaffolding for the rest of your life. It's there to hold the pieces together, and to insulate from the thousand natural shocks. But then, in your condition, if it breaks again it will be completely destroyed. So for you it is rather a vital operation to undergo.
- Oh. But if it doesn't heal, and I will have the insulation around it for the rest of my life.... it actually means that I will never feel again, doesn't it?
- The feelings will be muffled and subdued, yes. But you will live. Another heartbreak will kill you.
- You know what, I can't really see the difference.

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

A completely different story

Untitled

Bajka z innej bajki