WIP 4/5/17

- Honestly, is it so hard for you to let go? - he asked. - I don’t understand. It must be quite tiring, being like this… that charged… all the time. Don’t you ever feel exhausted? 
She ran her tongue against her teeth, then barred them in a strange expression; he thought it was a poor attempt at smile. 
- Well, it sorts of runs in the family - she said. 
- What?
- That… all. 
- What all? 
- Oh my god, for a person that intelligent you can be so thick sometimes. I’m half were.
- You don’t say half where, you say half there… Where?
- Were! Like in werewolf!
- Half in a werewolf?
She closed her eyes and shook her head.
- I. Am. Half. A. Werewolf - she repeated. - Runs in the family. I mean, in my dad’s family it’s either a generation of  witches or werewolves, and since I was not exactly supposed to be born a woman I’m half half. Or rather, no one is really sure what I am. Me neither.
- Oh. - For a moment he looked taken aback; he straightened up and shot her a worried glance. - Do you… you know… eat people?
- What do you mean?
- Well, you know… Do you change into a wolf, and eat raw human flesh? Because if you do it is sorts of gross. 

She fell back in the chair, crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows. Then she started to shake her head. 
- I can’t believe you just said that. I can’t fucking believe that.
- Why?
- Because it’s quite rich coming from a vampire! 

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

A completely different story

Untitled

Bajka z innej bajki